facebooktwitter

Sunday, July 3, 2011

A Postpartum Doula's Promise

I loved the doula's promises from yesterday's post and wanted to make a list of postpartum doula promises. Here they are. What would you add?

A Postpartum Doula's Promise:

1. I will never judge you

2. I will always respect your privacy

3. I will be there to cushion you during your transition from woman to mother. I will listen and comfort you through the lows and celebrate with you through the highs.

4. I will honor your instincts and support your choices in parenting. 

5. I will connect you with the resources you need when you need them. 

6. I will do my best to work myself out of a job - leaving you confident and empowered in your new role - mommy. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
 
Blog designed by Blogger Boutique.